A great skincare product to moisturise your skin is body butter. Not only does it moisturise your skin but also makes it healthier and look better. Body butter is the thickest of all body moisturisers and is a great option for people with dry skin or have problem areas like dry elbows and knees. You can never go wrong with using body butter on your skin. If you aren’t well-versed with the uses of body butter, let us tell you all about it.
- Lock In Moisture After a Bath or Shower: A hot steamy shower might be tempting, but it’s not always the best thing to do for your skin. Hot showers can inflame your skin, cause redness, itchiness and strip away natural oils from your skin. Use lukewarm or cold water to rinse your body and then you can use body butter post showers and baths to seal in all the moisture. This will help you achieve smooth, supple and glowing skin.
- Pamper Extra Dry Areas: You must have noticed that the skin on your elbows and knees tend to get thicker, darker and drier than the rest of the skin on your body. This is because these specific areas are stretched, bent and rubbed against your clothing and objects a lot more on an everyday basis. All the friction causes the skin to grow thicker. So, to protect this thick, dry and dark skin, you should use body butter and gently massage the product into these patches. You can also re-apply the body butter multiple times a day, especially if you suffer from excessive dryness.
- Indulge in an At-Home Manicure Session: If you wish to treat yourself to a little at-home manicure session, you can soak your fingers in warm water to soften the cuticles. Then apply a little amount of body butter to each cuticle and push back the skin with a clean wooden cuticle stick. Finish your manicure by buffing and shaping your nails and adding a nice coloured nail polish.
- Treat Your Feet: Your tired feet could use some massage every once in a while. Body butter is the perfect product to treat your feet and heal cracked heels. You can apply the product to clean feet and gently rub it all over them to release the day’s tension. You can also give your feet an overnight treatment by applying an ample amount of body butter to the heels and covering them with clean socks before bed. You will wake up to soft and supple feet.
- Remove Makeup Without Drying Out Your Skin: Body butter can even make for a great substitute for a makeup remover when you run out of one. Simply apply a coin-sized amount of body butter to a tissue and gently rub away all the makeup on your eyes and rest of the face. Once you’ve done that, wash your face with a natural face cleanser to achieve clean, soft and smooth skin.
Those are all the great tips that you can keep in mind to use body butter. If you’re on the lookout for a natural body butter, we suggest you get your hands on the Pure Sense Macadamia Deep Nourishing Body Butter. This rich, decadent nutty treat for your skin will provide you with deeply moisturised and velvety-soft skin. It will protect your skin from dryness and damage. As it is infused with macadamia nut oil, this body butter is packed with vitamins and rare antioxidants that replenish your skin. This body butter can be used on all skin types and is 100% chemical-free, cruelty-free and earth-friendly.